SAN DIEGO, March 14, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®) celebrates the first day of its National Convention and Chase-sponsored Housing Policy Summit, held March 14-16 at the Ritz-Carlton in washington d.c.
Senior government and financial industry leaders will comment and participate in the discussions, including:
- Xavier BecerraSecretary, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Isabelle GuzmanAdministrator, Small Business Administration
- Zixta Martinez, Deputy Director, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Sandra ThompsonDirector, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Jared BernsteinMember, White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Rick Scottamerican senator, Florida
- Juan VargasUnited States Representative, (CA-51)
- Ruben GallegoUnited States representative, (AZ-7)
- Alanna McCargoPresident, ginnie mae
- Michael DeVitoCEO, Freddie Mac
- Mark O’DonovanCEO, Chase Home Lending
- Gary Acostaco-founder and CEO, NAHREP
- Luis PadilleNational President of NAHREP 2022, Chief Executive Officer, PADILLA TEAMRE/MAX Advance Realty
- Jon BaseliceVice President, Immigration Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Center
- Marc Hugo LopezDirector of Race and Ethnicity Research, Pew Research
- Alicia MendezAnchor, MSNBC
- Estuardo Rodríguez, President and CEO, Friends of the American Latino Museum
- Rebecca Shiexecutive director, American Business Immigration Coalition
Program highlights include:
- 2021 State of Hispanic Homeownership Report Released: Experts from the Urban Institute will join Noerena Limón, NAHREP SVP of Public Policy & Industry Relations, to discuss the role of Hispanics in the U.S. housing market housing and prospects for 2022 and beyond.
- Fireside Chat: Discussing the Economy with the White House: MSNBC Anchor Alicia Menendez will host a fireside chat with Jared Bernstein, a member of President Biden’s White House Council of Economic Advisers. The session will highlight today’s major economic issues, including interest rate hikes and housing affordability, inflation and labor shortages, as well as the main impediment to home ownership among Latinos: the low supply of housing.
- NAHREP Presidential Installation: An official evening celebrating the installation of the 2022 NAHREP President Luis Padille by congressman Juan Vargas with a speech by the secretary Xavier Becerra. Event welcomes 2022 President-Elect Nuria Rivera and sends Past President Sara Rodriguez (2020-21). The Hispanic Homeownership Champion Award will be presented to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Deputy Director Zixta Martinez.
- Installation of incoming NAHREP administrators: Edwin AcevedoAtila (AT) Almeida, Francisco Fernandez, Adriana Perezchica and Diana Sifuentes will join the National Board of NAHREP 2022.
- Round tables and workshops including:
o Not enough properties to sell? How to bring inventory to your local market
o Angel Investing 101: How to invest in start-ups
o Challenges and Opportunities in Mortgage Banking for 2022
o Private sector solutions to solve the housing inventory crisis
o How to run for public office
o All policies are local: how to be an effective public policy advocate in your market
- Muralist works Edgar Zorrilla and poet Sarah Serrano-Esquilín will celebrate the power and resilience of Hispanic ownership in art and verse with welcoming remarks from Estuardo Rodríguez, President and CEO, Friends of the American Latino Museum.
“The 2022 NAHREP National Convention and Housing Policy Summit will be an important gathering of the best minds in housing policy and NAHREP’s knowledgeable network of real estate professionals,” said the 2022 NAHREP President. Luis Padille. “They will discuss the importance of Hispanics to the future of the housing market and to our country. There are many challenges and opportunities to help more Hispanics gain access to homeownership and NAHREP is where these critical discussions occur.”
For more information about the NAHREP National Convention and Housing Policy Summit, including registration information and a full agenda, visit http://www.nahrep.org/convention.
The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®), a 501(c)6 nonprofit trade association, is dedicated to advancing sustainable homeownership for the Hispanic community in America. NAHREP has a network of over 40,000 real estate professionals and 100 local chapters nationwide, hosting several national events a year and publishing several seminal industry reports each year. Join us in advocating for policies that promote sustainable homeownership among Latinos, read our policy priorities for 2021 here. Also check out the NAHREP Hispanic Homeownership by Congressional District Tool, which measures Hispanic homeownership by U.S. congressional district, allowing voters, advocates, policymakers, and credit and housing professionals to assess homeownership performance. district at a glance. Watch the short film on Hispanic Homeownership!
NAHREP Press, NAHREP, 6197194800, [email protected]